Sunday, August 29, 2010

Childhood Memories

Sharon and I stop for ice cream on our way home from dinner last night. It was a little local drive up ice cream place, Lee's, that has been in business for 40 years. Lately when we go for ice cream it is at Culver's or Kopp's and I either get the flavor of the day or a sundae. ( I know...both Culver's and Kopp's sell frozen custard not ice cream) When we got to Lee's there was a family getting their order. When I saw the soft-serve cone given to the young boy my decision was made. I had to have a soft-serve twist ( vanilla and chocolate ). Eating that cone brought back memories from my childhood. I can remember eating cones with the ice cream dripping down my hands and chin. It reminded me of those care-free summer days of my youth. Running around playing with the neighborhood kids. The baseball games, capture the flag, riding our bikes, playing in the woods and waiting for the porch light to go on, the signal it was time to go home. In today's hustle and bustle world of work, work, work we need to stop once in awhile and remember the carefree times of our youth. I would like to thank that family and their young son who helped me remember some of my childhood memories.

Scott

1 comment:

  1. We'll do that again sometime, soon! Glad the stop generated some nice memories....

    ReplyDelete